VirtualDistanceInstitute.com is the hub for C-Level executives, managers and individual contributors who want to champion best practices on the challenges of Virtual Distance in their organizations.
We are a private, invite only community of like-minded peers looking to leverage one another as peer advisors. It's all packaged into a full-featured Social Network we refer to as a Private Online Community of forward-thinking professionals like you.
You won't have to worry about filtering through the personality quizzes and nonsense found on public social sites - just focused, relevant advice from your true peers led by the industry expert who discovered Virtual Distance, Dr. Karen Sobel Lojeski
All VDI Members Are Committed To:
- One Another: Leveraging one another as trusted advisors
- Sharing Best Practices: Reducing the impact of Virtual Distance by providing thought leadership to one another in relevant ways in a collaborative environment.
- Continuous Improvement: Fostering professional and personal growth
VDI C-Level Executives have a private space to:
- Share challenges and find solutions to strategic problems brought on by Virtual Distance throughout the organization
- Effectively deal with Top Management Teams (TMT) and Board-Level Virtual Distance hurdles
- Strengthen competitive advantage at the top line strategy level by reducing Virtual Distance amongst employees and customers alike
VDI Staff is Committed To Providing:
- Collaborate With Industry Thought Leaders and Peers: The VDI staff provides a structure that allows members to fast-track your virtual distance understanding by networking and collaborating with practitioners within and outside your organization.
- Professional Facilitation: Your dedicated Community Manager pro-actively connects you to relevant conversations, member contributed content, affinity groups & webinars.
- Private Online Community and Social Network: VDI provides a private, secure, online member community featuring your professionally built executive profile.
- Focused Content: VDI staff provides you with access to a vetted compendium of tools, frameworks and templates as well as articles, white papers, research papers, archived presentations and more. All content is delivered via our private social network so our community of members can discuss and share the concepts that are covered with each other and with Dr. Karen Sobel Lojeski.
- Virtual Distance Index Survey: Dr. Karen Sobel Lojeski conducts surveys of our membership throughout the year and then deliver a summary report. We also offer a management briefing to all members via a webinar for everyone to attend and discuss the findings.
- Case Studies: Dr. Karen Sobel Lojeski works with selected members to create anonymous case studies and then provides an analysis and summary in order for the membership to learn as a group from real world examples of what to do as well as what not to do.
- Member Spotlights: VDI staff interviews and spotlights members so that we all get to know one another at a deeper level and learn from our collective experiences, concerns and expertise around virtual distance.
- Expert-Led Telecons and Discussion Forums: VDI staff will coordinate management briefings lead by Dr. Karen Sobel Lojeski. She exclusively moderates a discussion forum called “Ask Karen” so that you can get immediate access to your questions directly from the foremost authority on virtual distance. Questions in the “Ask Karen” discussion forum can be asked directly or anonymously through your Community Manager.
- Member-Led Telecons and Discussion Forums: VDI staff coordinates exclusive member-led teleconferences and discussion forums so that members can leverage peers as trusted advisors.
We look forward to welcoming you aboard as a member. To be considered for membership please use the subscribe button above or contact the Virtual Distance Institute Community Director directly at email@example.com or 201.889.9188 to schedule a meeting to discuss your involvement.
Karen Sobel Lojeski, Ph.D.
Virtual Distance International